Saturday, October 22, 2016

Alice and the Pirates Halloween Collaboration

Halloween~ (almost) everybody's favorite holiday!  Though many people are conflicted on the topic of costumes in Lolita fashion, I personally think it really depends on the final design. Elements of cosplay/animation/gamer styles can be incorporated into proper clothing, in my opinion. This idea is actually the foundation of 2.5D fashion, also known as "neo-cos" (think Tra La La Sailor Moon)

Anyway, I thought of this because recently I checked updates for Baby, the Stars Shine Bright and Alice and the Pirates and saw the announcement page for a collaboration with this RPG
Mahoutome X Alice and the Pirates
I think the all-black outfit would very easily translate into a daily Gothic Lolita outfit, no problem.  The center one in red and black could also be a very fashionable Gothic Lolita look without looking very cosplay.
The purple/white outfit is the one I'm more on the fence about. It will be interesting to see how it is made in real life, I think.

As for the other two... I really don't know how they will look like anything other than straight cosplay.  With alternative styling perhaps both could work? I will admit that I'm not big on boystyle, so many of the men's fashion designs Alice and the Pirates has done in the past struck me as costumesque rather than fashionable.

Still, I do really adore the Halloween collections brands put out each year!  Most of the time, individual pieces can be used throughout the rest of the year in regular coordinates and dressed down so as to not look like a costume.  Though to be fair, no matter what, non-Lolitas will likely think your Lolita outfit is a costume anyway.  So let's all just do whatever ^_~

No comments:

Post a Comment

please share your thoughts!